Tuesday, January 13, 2015

2015 Polymer Clay Challenge


At the end of last year, I made the decision to sign up for the 2015 Polymer Clay Challenge. I will be making something for this challenge each week. Here are the "rules" via Katie of Kater's Acres:

How to Join

  1. Make a decision what you will commit to making from clay during the course of 2015.
  2. Write a blog post announcing your commitment to join the 2015 Polymer Clay Challenge.
  3. Grab the button below & add it to your website.
  4. Leave your name & website in the COMMENTS below linking your written statement of what you will commit to making with polymer clay in 2015.
  5. Throughout the year, write a blog post and tell us (the polymer clay community) how you are doing.
  6. Share throughout social media using #2015PCchallenge
  7. Join the FaceBook Group here.

This is a free endeavor with no strings attached! Simply challenge yourself & commit to being creative in 2015.


I hadn't decided what I was going to challenge myself to do, but I knew I wanted to challenge myself to do something! Then, several things happened all at once. 

Our little Miss Charlie kitty became very ill and was diagnosed with kidney failure at 21 years of age, and we had to make that tough decision to let her go with dignity. At the same time, demolition of our upstairs bathrooms began... a very much needed renovation, but full of noise and decision making stress. I've seen more of Menards, Lowes and Home Depot than I thought I'd see in my lifetime. And finally, my hands got progressively more painful, with my trigger finger (middle finger, right hand, of course) really seizing up.

So. I did not get started on the first week of the challenge as I had planned.

But now, one bathroom is finished and usable. Okay, it's usable, still needs some final touches. And I was drawn to my clay table.

So, long story short, even though my hands are still a problem, I have made a decision on what I will be doing for my challenge. I want to challenge myself to create one large piece per week - larger than bead sized. Vases, bowls, frames, sculptural pieces, you name it. I have completed my first piece, which I will present in the next blog post.

Let the games begin!!

No comments: